Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
why are ypu looking for one? i owned one and sold it to a friend i dont think he even usees it it was in great shape, it was the red colored one, are these hard to find?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am not looking for the 84-85 models that came in either red or green, I am looking for an 86-87 that only came in a color scheme of green with blue seat and white graphics and had the engine with the Kawasaki Intergrated Powervalve system (KIPS) which was a much better trike than the 84 and 85's.I have owned both an 84 and an 85 and had a chance to ride a friends 87 and the difference was night and day,I would'nt even put the 84,85's in the same class as the 86,87's.They are quite rare, I have had a lot of responses to my want ads on the net for an 86-87 Tecate(over 500 ads) with all of them thinking they had an 86-87 when 99% of them were actually 84-85.If the radiator is mounted in front of the forks on the triple clamp, it's either an 84 or 85,If the radiator is mounted below and in front of the gas tank and has KIPS on the side of the cylinder, it's an 86-87.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.