Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wanted: \'70 or earlier \"good jeep title and VIN\"

Ya, you read it correct,
I'm looking for good (clean) "Title" and "VIN" plate (also the firewall plate) for a pre 1971 AMC Jeep. now if it comes with a rusty, not running body/eng/frame or whatver thats OK, i can haul it off for you.

3/4tonYJ
My Jeep Page

G

·
Re: Wanted: \'70 or earlier \"good jeep title and VIN\"

Close, but no cigar. Have all that for a '74 CJ5 - including the rusty tub, but also a real nice frame. All in Missouri.

TEX

/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif Got Mud?
G.U.M.B.O. Mud Racing

·
Registered
4,893 Posts

well... if it's pre '71 it isn't AMC jeep
you don't really need a title to build and register a jeep... in most states yuou can get a "hobby" title or even a "junked title" from the DMV

~~Elusive~~
it's sort of still a cj thingy....

G

·

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you're probably looking to go '70 or older on a title so you can avoid emmissions & possibly safety inspections, right?/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif Same reason I've hung on to that '74 title, frame, & hulk so long as I intended to eventually build off the good frame. New house & baby both on the way, so by the time I get around to that "project", I'll likely be able to run historic tags on a TJ/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif!

TEX

/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif Got Mud?
G.U.M.B.O. Mud Racing

G

·

I've got a 70 CJ-5 title, but I do not have the body tag. I'm going to be 'going-away' for awhile, because I have been using this on my 'Jeep' assembly, and I was 'found-out'. It was never any goal to 'beat' the emissions rules, although this is the way it appeared. I have had the title, and in fact, the accompanying CJ, since before 1980, and I have the old title to verify this. I might as well have a little time added for selling it, too. Best wishes.

bobH

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.