Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a 33x9.50.15 BFG mud terrain tire. I'm in the lowermainland B.C. Canada. It does not have to be in fabulous shape but must be runable.
Anyone??

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I think my buddy might still have one, but if not have you checked out Volco Tire etc? I've been to lot's of different shop's looking for used spare's and for some reason they always seem to have one I want and in great shape too! The last spare I bought there was for $75.00 tax in and it had more tread left on it used than my BFG's had when they were new?
Try them out?

Chris J.
/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gifIt's not the Biggest, but at least I use it!/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I payed 75$ for the last one I bought Chris with 85% no less!! Unfortunatly the skinnier size is hard as hell to find. I have called all the local tire shops in the upper valley as well as all the wreckers. Do you have the phone # of Volco tire I would like to give them a try?
Now if only I could get them to stop rubbing!!! Ah the sound of rubber grinding against metal. Wakes you up first thing in the morning!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Do you have the number for Volco Chris? I have exhausted all leads at this end of the valley. The last one I bought for 75$ had approx 80%. Used tires can be one heck of a deal.
Now if only I could get them to fit without rubbing. Time to break out the cutting tools!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
(604) 879-3111 Ask for Rick Pinn, he's the guy our club deals with, and if he is at a different location today ask for the number for where?
He should be able to give you a good deal, just mention my name!
Good luck!

Chris J.
/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gifIt's not the Biggest, but at least I use it!/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cutting tools? Now your talking!
Don't worry to much about the fenders, pending on the tires you go with the fenders will get trimmed one way or the other???
Another avenue that can be considered are the BLEMS oh no not blems! Yep if your just looking for one or two, blems can be okay, but you do have to keep your eyes on them, some are cosmetic and some are just down right brutal! I mean I've had buddies who have gone with blems and had one tire 25 oz out in just one corner, I know tires are round but it makes it easier to say, hahaha!
Just a thought!

Chris J.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Blem's are un-perfect tires sort of like BFG's hahaha just kidding. These are tires that have small and large deficiencies in them, like a mis-print or a word added that shouldn't be there. The nasty blems are the ones that are balanced completely out-of-wack or have to-much rubber etc in them when they come out of the mould?
Basically they are just tires with different degrees of deficiencies which cannot be sold at retail.

Chris J.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Their not always that bad, you can get some pretty damn good tires for an even better price if you don't mind them saying "Supper Slampers"???

Chris J.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That's all I need to hear when I drive to work. Can you say loud!! I'm already complaining about the mud terrains wondering if I should have purchase all-terrains.Love the added traction though.
Lance

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
NO NOT ALLTERRAINS???? Please,Please, stay with the mudders trust me! The Allterrains don't last years more than the Mudders, but are years behind on the trail. I was wheeling with a guy last week in Walker Valley he had those new BFG AT's and not for me thanks!!! Although he was driving a shjeep????

Chris J.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Did you try posting your request on the bc4x4.com message board?

Chris J.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts