Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my son a 1996 Polaris Scrambler 4WD 4 wheeler. I've decided I don't want him to have such a fast bike. I want to trade it for a regular hunting 4 wheeler. He's 17 and has no fear. I'm just too scared for him to have it. He will be away until December 2 and doesn't know I have the Scrambler so I want to trade it before he comes home. I know if he saw the Scrambler, he wouldn't want to get rid of it. It's white with purple and black decals and a black seat. I live in Winter Haven, Florida (Central Florida) My husband & I could meet someone half way for an exchange of bikes within a reasonable distance.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I would not recommend it as a hunting 4-wheeler. If he does alot of hunting, then get him something else (4-stroke). If he does alot of wide open riding keep the scrambler. Is he mechanically inclined, if not get rid of the polaris. When I was his age I had a 4-wheeler faster than a scrambler and I also had a hunting 4x4. The scrambler is pretty fast and has 4x4 capabilities. The 2 stroke scrambler is too loud to hunt with and not fast enough to be my sport quad so I had one of each. You know your son better than I do. Is he a good driver and has he driven quads before. He may have enough experience to handle the scrambler. Just a thought. My mother is scared to death when I drive either one of my quads.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hey ford-dude, maybe you should re-read his post. he does not say the scrambler is a hunting four-wheeler, and does not want to keep it period. its has nothing to do with the four-wheelers abilities as a hunting or a sports quad, he just wants something slower.

Keith
89/91 cr 125
89 Yamaha SRV

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey yamaha man, it is a she not a he. Reread the post. I was just saying that if the young man did alot of hunting, to get another fourwheeler. The mother may have been getting the scrambler because it is 4x4, for her son to hunt with, I don't know. If so I would not keep the scrambler. I was making the suggestion that the scrambler may be the way to go based on if the mother thought he was responsible enough, even though all 17 year olds have no fear. If it is his first quad to ride, then the scrambler may be alittle fast. But when I was 17 I felt the need for speed and was glad I had a fast fourwheeler. I was responsible to ride within my own limits and I never had a wreck. Yes I did outrun banshees with my Honda and jump, and wheelie it, but I never did anything I didn't feel comfortable with. So in other words I am suggesting that the mother rethink it and make a judgement call based on the boys responsibilities and riding conditions. If I only had one fourwheeler I would stick with a reliable 4x4 because of my needs.(hunting, trapping,working on farm) If I didn't do these things I would want a sport quad or something like the scrambler.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
oops, my bad. BTW isn't it easier to roll a big 4x4 going fast into a corner than a sport quad made for turns?

Keith
89/91 cr 125
89 Yamaha SRV

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.