Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am just wondering what is the biggest lift that I can put on a TJ before I have to do major modifications to it. I am thinking about a 2" rubicon express lift with maybe a 1" body lift. Right now I am thinking about putting some BF Goodrich M/T 32x11.5x15 on it. What would I need and what would be the best way to do, money is hard right now. But I want to lift it!!

ashorty
98' TJ Sahara

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
With a 2" suspension lift on a TJ you could fit 32x11.50's with a 4" suspension lift you can fit 33x12.50's But if you want a body lift, talk to harry http://www.harryworld.com/harry/jeep.html You need to relocate a few things under the hood for it to work.

Steve
/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gifJust Empty Every Pocket/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ashorty,

You got it exactly right! To run 32's you'll need a 2" spacer lift and a 1" body lift. It's the perfect set-up for 32's. I know a few guys set-up this way and their Jeeps wrok great. The on and off-road performance is excellent. I've seen them ramp 1000 on a 23* ramp once they disconnected their front & rear sway bars.

PlaeZombie mentioned that you need only the 2" spacer lift for 32's. Not true unless you plan on running your TJ on the street only. The extra 1" of body lift helps clear the 32's when you flex the suspension. However, be sure to adjust your bump stops.

Good luck!

RABID K-9
Great Lakes Jeep Thing Treasurer
HEMI ORANGE 1997 TJ SPORT

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info guys!! This helps me out allot in making my decision.

Keep Jeep'n

Ashorty

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Actually RabidK-9 I have a friend that runs a 2" spacer with 32's but now that I think of it the 32's were pretty worn, but he still has enought room in there even off-road for 32's, but he would probablymangle his fenders in anything super tricky

absolutjeep
http://members.tripod.com/iluvjeeps

1 - 5 of 5 Posts