Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering what i needed to swapp disc brakes on a mid 80's D44. Just swapped the axles on my YJ. The original drum brakes are trashed. I will need to replace everthing, drums, cylinder, lines, shoes and hardware. So i'm considering disc conversion if cost might be about the same.

Any advice would be great. thank you

G

·
you will need front rotors off from mid 80's chevy half ton front rotors 6 bolt along with front brake calipers, you will also need to either fab yourself or buy a plate to bolt calipers too which will bolt or weld to axle, and of course some new braided brake hose. There are a number of after market kits available but way too pricey. do alittle more research you can do it for about $200 or less with a little elbow grease. Ron

· Registered
2 Posts
I just did a conversion on a rear 44 out of a wagoneer using 1994 Isuzu Rodeo ends. they also use a dana 44 utilizing the same bearings and seals as Jeep. paid $45 at a local u pull rotor to rotor pulled off what i needed and sold the 4:11 gear set on ebay for $50 so i made $5 on the swap. A detailed explanation can be seen at 401 CJ7 JEEP BUILDUP

· Registered
59 Posts
Just wondering what i needed to swapp disc brakes on a mid 80's D44. Just swapped the axles on my YJ. The original drum brakes are trashed. I will need to replace everthing, drums, cylinder, lines, shoes and hardware. So i'm considering disc conversion if cost might be about the same.

Any advice would be great. thank you
You might try considering this brake disc replacement if you are to proceed with your planned conversion. I hope we can here updates about your project.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.