Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I have been thinking about this for a while... And let me see if I get this straight. CJ springs are 44" with the pin in the center making each half 22". Now waggy front springs are 47" with the split offset causeing a 22.5" and 24.5" split I believe. SO doesn't that actually more the axle INWARDS thus shortening the wheelbase??? Please fill me in.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
8H is running that setup

"I use Grand waggy springs up front (Rancho 44044's) which I modify with open retainers, and a few swapped springs. the grand waggy springs will move your axle forward about 1 1/2" due to the offset center pin"

JR

The road is calling, Ignore it!!
There is life after asphalt.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes that is my point, the springs are longer than the CJ springs so the offset pins aren't enought to negate the added length. So how are they adding wheelbase?

·
Registered
5,140 Posts
mount the spring the other way, and you get the long side instead of short side inwards.

OzarkJeep

too small to be seen, and too big to control, and treated like a walking bomb...

·
Registered
79 Posts
I'm assuming that you have to move the front mount forward in order to mount the springs, much like using YJ springs on the front of a CJ.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
your going to have to move the mount,
Im just getting started in using waggie springs front and rear on my scrambler.
but will be using a shackle reversal in the front and relocating the rear spring mounts.

JF1
http://www.hrja.org

1 - 7 of 7 Posts