Be on the lookout for a e-mail called "Pretty Park", this is a worm virus that attaches to your e-mail and sends it out to everyone in your address book.
My brother got it this afternoon and it infected several of his friends that were in his address book.
Just be on the lookout and if you see it on your e-mail then just delete it without opening it.
Figured that I would let you guys know about this.
(4) Click the find features under "edit" in the registry editor
(5) Find: FILES32.VXD
(6) Double click on the word "default"
(7) Remove: FILES 32.VXD.
Do not remove the rest of that line which on my computer is "%1"%* (Only take out files32.vxd. Don't delete the rest of the line. Deletion works here just like it does on a word processor.)
(8) Click okay
(9) Reboot your PC
(10) Click start
(11) Find: windows\system\files32.vxd by finding files named files32.vxd. Files32.vxd is all that you need to type. Make sure you are only looking for the files where your Windows files are which would ordinarily be on the C drive. Click "file" up at the top and then click delete.
(12) Delete: windows\system\files32.vxd. It would be a good idea to update any McAfee virus scanner that you have since they only put the update to delete this file on the Internet very recently and it is likely we will all get it again in the future.
(13) Delete any email that has the "prettypark.exe" file in it. You may have more than one since this going around everywhere and is the number 1 virus alert on the McAfee Web site.
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could
be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Off Roading Forums
A forum community dedicated to all off road vehicle owners and enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about performance, engine swaps, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, maintenance, and more!