Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone tell me if there is any other VIN nubers other than the one on the firewall on 69 jeepster if so, can you let me know how many and where?

· Registered
3,398 Posts
Re: VIN numbers.

That little data plate is the only VIN I've seen on my Jeepsters, and I've had them completely apart, so I think I would've seen another. Also, acc. to the manual, that's the only spot. There is also an "engine code number" on the V-6, but it's not the VIN.

Joel F.
Marquette, Michigan
Project No-Bucks
'68 Jeepster Commando
'79 Scout Traveler

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's the only place I've seen them on my '68 (and it's all apart right now)

If you can't fix it with Duct tape it's not a Jeep....!!!!!
Jeep or sled....the only way to go!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info. MO. is realy strick on getting titles and it has to be inspected by the highway patrol and you have to have reciepts and bill of sale for any part that didnt come on it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've read on a previous post that there's a VIN stamped somewhere on the right front framerail. I have not yet confirmed this on my '71. Anybody know about this?

Rob
C101H

· Registered
457 Posts
I have a yellow and black decal(OEM?)on the driver side front door frame tnat reads..."Mfg. by Jeep Corporation, Nov. 1970. This vehicle conforms to all the applicable motor vehicle safety standards in effect on the date of manufacture shown above" Then it lists the Vin. #8705F17 72327, and then has"Type:Multipurpose Passenger Vehicle". Anybody else seen this or the remains of where it once was? I really like the part about MPV! Sounds better to me than suv.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My '69 has a tin plaque similar to that on the firewall just above the battery tray. It is riveted there and looks original.

69 Jeepster Commando 225 V-6, 3 speed, wagon.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes there is a number on the right framerail directly below the battery box. It's only the last 5 digits.
You may have to scrape gunkand rust to see it

Chris

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I've also got the sticker in the opening of the driver's door, in addition to the plaque on the firewall.
At least it's on the '70.

Andy
'70 Moe
'69 Oscar

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yup, my 73 has it on the body on the inside of the driver's door too. Only place I've been able to find a VIN to match the title (strict here in Mass too). Mine isn't metal, its paper with a cheap plastic covering thats been taped back on...I'll have to be careful when I go to work on the body or I may not be able to register her!

Jay
95 Wrangler Rio Grande, BFG 30" A/Ts, basically stock
73 Commando, 304/TH400/D20, basically stock and rusty

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.