Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I have a question. What is the best way for me to get some of my 4-wheeling videos postable on the web? I don't have a web site or anything, but I could e-mail the files to people if I could get them in an electronic format. I have all kinds of crazy stuff on video - the steering box ripping off is well documented, and so is my roll - that's pretty wild.

I'd like to get alot of these scenes frozen as pictures as well. So, any ideas? All of my movies were shot with my Sony Handycam Hi8 camera. I don't think it is digital, though, but is does have night vision :) and I have 4-wheeling movies that are in night vision!

So any help is appreciated. And then I can say, "Get a steering box brace or THIS is what will happen!" - Chuck

Chuck Hadley

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I am attempting to get my video in electronic form, myself. i have access to computer labs through the university though. You will need to get the hardware unit(I think its called a video capture card) that takes the output from your camera and puts it into digital format. I'm new to the whole thing myself, so I don't know the names of everything or any good brands. I'd suggest going to Best Buy, ABC Warehouse, or local computer sales locations and telling them what you are trying to do. Once you get the hardware, you're going to need a video capture program too. Sorry this is so general, but I'm just getting into the process myself.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you want me to convert your vids to onto the computer I can..I actually have two video cards and I would do it for free, no prob....love to help out fellow jeepers!! Just make some extra copies on VHS and send them to me.....but as far as posting them on the internet, that gets tricky cause a video is usually a pretty large file but I think I can figure something out...i know a few tricks....contact me by email

[email protected]

oh yeah one other thing...how long are the videos??? Plus I really want to see that night vision 4wheelin!!

and yet again one other thing...anyone else wants this done let me know.......I wouldn't mind people sending me personal videos of their jeeps I could make some sweet tapes!!! No charge of course you just pay shipping to get me the videos.

Actually what would be better is if I could make a website of everyones home videos....hmmm that would be REALLY cool

absolutjeep
http://members.tripod.com/iluvjeeps

· Registered
1,115 Posts
You'll need some manner of video capture card. You can buy a separate card just for this, or buy a video card that has the capability. I use an ATI All-In-Wonder which is a video card with capture capability...most of the pics on my web site were done from video tape. You can capture stills, or motion segments that save to the .AVI format.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If your interested I can post the videos on my site (I have 300MB I need to use up). I already have a few out there you can take a look at. If you need me to take the video off the tape e-mail me & I'll send you my address. If anyone else wants to post some videos just let me know.

Mark
JeepEast.com

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If you are registered on ebay, go to this search:
http://search-desc.ebay.com/cgi-bin...oncode=39&SortProperty=MetaEndSort&SortOrder=[a]&srchdesc=y

If it pulls up something that talks about philips easy video or winnov videum AV and you can get either for under $50 you just got a deal. It is a great video digitizer card, and you can get the latest software for free at www.winnov.com Then you can take stills, or movie clips off your video at ease. I currently use this system and paid less than $50 for mine.

Hope this helps,

Kipp

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.