Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok maybe i need to put down the crack pipe but after working on a bunch of junk that has spent it's life in the midwest everything is covered on mud and rust under it. When ever your under it and bump something or hit something with a hammer you get a shower of mud/rust raining down on you falling in your eyes and getting stuck in my fro. Every now and then i'll hit something with a hammer to knock the junk free before i get under there. Anybody have any ideas to vibrate the junk free before you get under it.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
I've always found a pressure washer to work wonderfully for mud and loose rust removal. It never gets it all, but most of it usually.

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Vibrating the rust free sounds like a good way to vibrate everything else free too. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

My dads plane is nearly falling appart and takes quite a bit of maintenance because there's a lot of vibration from the opposed 4cyl...

Either get a hat and nice set of safety goggles... or a power washer..

·
Registered
729 Posts
I suffer the same fate. Power wash and the garden hose work great along with reaching up in some of the hidden corners. But I pretty much always wear a clear face-shield to protect me when under the jeep. Cheap insurance for the eyes...

Mike

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
steam clean it. most of the crap falls off.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
Anybody have any ideas to vibrate the junk free before you get under it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Find you a nice shallow, flat bottom creek near by.
It's the only way to get rid of the Haspin "Magic Mud".

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
If you're Joel, you get someone else laying under there.....lmao

·
Registered
655 Posts
hey now thats not nice, i was laying under that rotten pile also.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts