Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I were to get a 80-87ish truck, and put a six inch lift with 35" tires, would me, being about 5'4" now, but growing before I get my truck, need nerf bars or would I have to grab onto the seet and climb in on my knees as i used to have to do as a kid getting into dads trucks? Help me out, how high will it sit?

G

·
Well, buddy I think that would be the laest of your worries, not that you would have many, when getting this truck. I sometimes have a hard time getting in mine, but if I grab the steering wheel, it's cake. I'm 6'1" but pretty fat./wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif

Work on technique, spend a few hours each morning, soon you'll be able to make running leaps into it. /wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif

Unit Seven Off Road - Tex's S10 VS RJ's K20 /wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif
1978 K20 - 355ci, np208, 700R4, 7" Total Lift

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
There are several sites that inform people of their lift laws for that perticular state, however you arent in the states so if I were you I'd call the local law Enforcement (whichever division that covers the highway) and ask them. The key questions to ask are... How high can the frame be off the ground....bumper height......headlight height.....can you use blocks to lift the rear.......what is the largest legal tire size....If lifted do you need mud flaps. To keep from sounding like a dumb ******* tell them you are building a show truck and need to know the boundaries of the law. Usually they are very helpful.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>4x4
|\*\..../*/|
|.\*\../*/.|
|..\*\/*/..|
|../*/\*\..|
|./*/..\*\.|
|/*/....\*\|
-----------

G

·
I don't know about Canada but in Illinois, if your trailer hitch meets the height requirments your fine. So if you have a truck jacked-up to the sky, and a trailer hitch that hangs real low, it O.K. /wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif

My truck ain't leaking oil it's marking it's territory!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.