Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's been a difficult few days. My 87 with a 1.6 was taken off life support and will slip into the great beyond. My back up, a 91 Sami, decided that it wouldn't let go of one spark plug and you can guess the rest. Didn't break it but the threads galled. Helli-Coil time. I have to admit I'm a bit down from all of this and sometimes remaining positive can be difficult. However, these are just some battles that I've lost but I will win the war. They will be resolved and the free world can rest easier when they are. When feeling down and out, I find myself struggling to see the bright side. What I really need to do is change perspective and the big picture then becomes clearer.
And this is what I've done.
I am very blessed in so many ways. I would like to thank anyone and everyone who has helped me and will help me. The outpouring of advice, support, and even the generous offers of parts can not be valued in tangible means. So, thank you again for everything.
I cannot go without thanking the old ones who constantly watch over me to keep me safe and guide me. I am forever indebted to them and pray their watchful eyes continue to stay kean on me.
In the final analysis, my glass is neither half full or half empty. It is overflowing!
It's so easy to to piss and moan about obstacles and failures. One only has to realize how blessed they are to overcome that.
So, with that in mind, I'm off to see my daughter graduate HS. It doesn't get any better than this!

All Good Medicine,
Crow

Creator, everything we do leaves a track. May our tracks be ones we would want you to see and others to follow......

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Crowhorse:

I can dig that....

I too have given up on something -- the Weber conversion just isn't hacking it! I have carefully diassembled it for storage when I can devote more time and patience to it.

Perhaps I might drag all of it with me to ZukiMelt and work on it there... Assuming I can make it to the Melt?!?

In the meantime, Mr. Hitachi is being bolted on and all the little hoses are being hooked up so I can get this puppy running. NOW!!!

I would like to thank you for your help with my Do-it-yourself Weber project (Not a Calmini kit...). I attribute my lack of success to what in the computer support business is known as "performing Brain Surgery over the telephone". There is nothing like having sombody right next to you who knows what is going on!

Jim "ackerdackerly" Cambron

'88 Samurai w/Thorley, 2.25" exhaust, K&N filter charger, rebuilt G13a bored +40 (but no Weber...)

G

·
Crowhorse,
I thought that I would have a stroke while doing my 1.6 conversion. The tranny gave me headaches for the 3 days that I worked on it. The transfer case went fairly smooth with the installation of the 4.16 crawler gear. Then there were the little electrical wires to be attached to the right places. I have to be one of the worst electricians that was ever put on the earth!! Keep your chin up. I'm only a couple of hours away from you if you need any other help e-mail me and maybe I could swing up and give you a hand. I've never been to New York City.
ROB

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Crow, I am at work now and using the lift to take Heidi's engine out. I tell you its just bad and worse. I drug it behind the toyota to get it here flat towing and noticed gas was dropping out of the tank, apparently the gas tank has a large hole in it and i have to patch it. I drained all the gas out, so now im on my way to mig up that hole after this message. I have the motor just about ready to yank out, but i noticed the rig is on the lift backwards so the engine hoist wont reach it Bugger! LOL and im the idiot who parked it in there backwards too. Oh well off i go....busting knuckles and blowing stuff up again. By the way if any of you think im really going to mig on my drained gas tank, think again. LOL.

·
Registered
2,979 Posts
BOOM! An empty gas tank/can is a bomb jus' waitin' to explode. Have fun weldin'. Make sure you use your welding mask and make sure it's explosion proof.

:eek:)

Give it to me; I'll break it.

·
Registered
3,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Max,
I was beginning to believe that you have the same tendencies as Carter's little dog on 'Spin City'.

All Good Medicine,
Crow

Creator, everything we do leaves a track. May our tracks be ones we would want you to see and others to follow......

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
hey crow, sorry to hear about your problems. ive been blessed wtih my share these last few weeks n i keep finding more....
just remember, no matter how bad it gets, your alive. breathing, and in good health. i almost died back in 94, believe me, i try to appreciate everything in live. so the zuk doesnt run, at least it isnt burnt down. almost burnt a car today myself. was on fire, got some water n put it out luckly. your zuk is a mechanical thing, it can be fixed. sure there might be more lil irritations before it is fixed, but have faith my friend, it will be fine in the end because YOU are doing it.
Keep the faith man.....
Lewis

Do unto others as you want done to you!
If you pack it in, pack it out!

·
Registered
2,747 Posts
Anticipating problems fixing all the "little" things on my Zuke I took the insurance off it about 2 months ago. I was not wrong About 1 month ago I put a cover on it and so at this writing it is still there. My Kids are into spring sports right now and that defiately comes first. Seeing my Son pass the soccer ball to his teamate today for a score or my Daughter scooping up the ball and throwing the opponent out at first is worth alot more than a pony carb and poly buhings. Like was said it is a machine it will be there. Happy Fathers Day, Crow. And I too are not that far away to get to LI. Take care. Jim

http://sites.netscape.net/riodiusa

·
Registered
7,958 Posts
Max, that's why the gas tank should be left full.

Don't worry, it won't explode...

he he he

..it might flash a little though!

JEEPN
Winter Harbor, Maine
'81 CJ-8 Scrambled, It's a Jeep, Chevy, IHC kinda thing!
'88.5 Zuki, 5" Calmini, Locked, Swamped, Rolled, and just generally broken in right!

·
Registered
3,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Happy Father's Day to all.....
I attended my daughter's graduation. She gave me the best Father's Day gift I could hope for......
Graduated in the top ten of over 400 students....
2 College scholarships.......
4 years on Honor Roll & National Honor Society
Presidents Award for Educational Excellence
Honor Character certificate
Currently volenteering at a wildlife refuge, part of which includes banding ospreys and working with endangered species.
and on and on. You get the picture. I am prouder than words can say! My apologies for the 'boasting/bragging' .......I just can't contain myself!

Yep, the zooks are just machines but they could also be an extension of ourselves as we pour our heart and souls into them. But we must keep it in perspective and prioritize. It can be very frustrating when we work so hard on them and things don't work out as planned. Such is life sometimes....

All Good Medicine,
Crow

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
no prob on the "boasting/bragging" man, nothing wrong with being proud and letting friends know it. there is a limit, but you DONT have to worry bout being anywhere near it.
BiLLy bOb

·
Registered
3,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Billy Bob.... I'm hanging tough. Just when time grows short to the Melt all these projects have taken some ugly turns. They will all work out in time.
I try to kick back and look at all the SNAFU's as lessons and learn from them. Sometimes the lessons are more profound than just in the mechanical dimension.....
Sometimes they are also blessings in disguise. I can't begin to tell you how many times over the course of nearly 30 years of driving, that a breakdown or similar event occured and I was always looked after and kept safe. They are not coincidences. I am very blessed and thankful for it....

All Good Medicine,
Crow

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Crow, im in the dark once again. Dont own a tv and have not owned one except for 2 years of my life. Never seen spit city and dont know what the dog's habits are. I have seen the dog in frasier though. I do glance it when im at Glenn's or Mark's, but thats rare viewing. Hope things are looking up though. Oh yeah, I looked at the 8 valve and it has 62k on it and is the cleanest engine in the yard, but you most likely will see this in due time. I will try to set it aside for you. Max

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
understand and agree completely crow. like my bent frame today, caused me many hours of labor gettin out my frame machine n fixin it, but i learned that next time i need to onbolt the shocks to prevent damage!!!! hahaha
BiLLy bOb

·
Registered
3,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Carter's dog (don't know his name) is suicidal. Attempts include licking the outlet plates, dining in the medicine closet, and possibley a leap off a building ledge. He fails miserabley at all of them. He even was killed by a falling statue, only to be brought back to life by a self proclaimed Messiah.
Things are looking up!
Thanks Max! I'll collect the necessary scratch....What does the engine include or not include?

All Good Medicine,
Crow

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
I want to talk to you personally, either email me your number offline, or call me tommorrow on my cell phone. 978 973 0448 and leave your number. I can call you about 11am. Glenn and i are heading over to the yard and meeting @ 9am. I assume your coming up to pick it up, so that might change a few things. Max

·
Registered
3,064 Posts
Carters dog- well I think you got it right Crow! I have seen him Run (On his feet run) Over a Rattlesnake,
(Kind of wasn't listening to the trail guide that there where snakes there... (The snake was fine BTW Just really pissed..) Welding with batterys, one blew up,(No matter what he says it wasn't me that was doing this) wanting to wrestle a bear, etc.. Its never dull with my friend Max around.. (He will most likly say that
about me too!)

Glenn
87' Zook Spoa,M/L 33's, 4.16 tcase,4.62 gears Camo,Header,2"exhuast, Cam.
Lockers, 8klb winch, -Wildweasel2 NE4WI- club http://www.cs.umass.edu/~glenn/personal.html

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Yeah its true with Glenn around. Why just this morning when you called, and i said i had to call you back, thats because a police officer was checking Glenns rig out to see if it was lifted to high....What an exciting moment that was. I really get a bit uncomfortable around johnny law, but everything ended up being ok....for now.

Glenn, it turns out to register that toyota in MA is about near impossible. I have to have reciepts from the vehicles that i took the parts off of with the vin #'s which of course i dont have. Sucks, in oregon i just rebuilt the things, took them to dmv and they checked it over and said ok and thats it. Im going to have to really try to do it the Maine route.

·
Registered
3,064 Posts
Hmm bummer Max. Just get it done! Or park it until you get it fixed. Been busy this afternoon, Have the
New PS pump in and the ac pump mounted too. (Would you believe the pully was bent on this one too?
Thats 3 for 3) Oh well need to get a belt and then hook up the hoses. The A/C will wait until I make time, just seemed like the time to install it. I am going to finish the Suburban tomorrow. Crow, no ptoblem on you not saying HI, And the Police where just checking that I had a sticker. (No tape measure...)

Glenn
87' Zook Spoa,M/L 33's, 4.16 tcase,4.62 gears Camo,Header,2"exhuast, Cam.
Lockers, 8klb winch, -Wildweasel2 NE4WI- club http://www.cs.umass.edu/~glenn/personal.html

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.