Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
4,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just changed the oil in my truck. Ive been running chevreon oil, but I decided that Id try the durablend. anyone else running this oil?
Im hoping maybe my mpg will go up a little, and I guess thats about all I could gain from it.

Anyone running a full synthetick? thats seems to be a big deal with the deisols, so maybe it wouldnt hurt trying some in our little gaser V-8s.

IF ITS GOT WHEELS OR A SKIRT YOU CANT AFFORD IT

· Registered
4,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I see your point about blending, but I dont get what you mean by getting most of the leaks of a full synthetick and not all the benifits?

· Registered
4,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
well looks like everyones against runny a fule sythentic, or blended in a older truck with way to many miles.

Minw bumped over 200k about 2 years ago and Ive been saying that its got over 200k, its probably close to 220-230k. I knew the previos owner and it has never been rebuilt or replaced, Its going on borrowed time. I guess Ill say that was a learning experince and get a case of dino juce and drain the blended.

thanks
The Kid

· Registered
4,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I just got to thinkn that Ive been running the reg oil for 3 years now till yesterday anways, and I think the other guy ran it to, so why should I switch it now after its ran soooooo long on it(longer than most thought it could ever run).

So tomorrow Ill change the oil then pick up my 3/4 ton springs, a load of sheet rock made me decide I need beefer springs.

Sorry I strayed from the subject a tad

oh and thanks for steering me straight on the oil deal
The Kid

· Registered
4,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I did notice a puff of black smoke at startup today, but thats just a little character right?

lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.