Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
5,526 Posts
In my opinion one should go with either full synthetic or full dinosaur juice (regular oil). All synthetic blends will get you is most of the leaks of a full synthetic and not the full benefit from it. /wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif At least that's how I see it...

Tim "Sandman"

ORC Land Use columnist:
My May Column

· Registered
5,526 Posts
A synthetic blend has a perhaps up to half it's volume occupied by the smaller synthetic molecules, and the rest is regular dinosaur oil based. The synthetic molecules are what leak out in most engines upon switching to synthetic.

I guess I just mean that since there's synthetic molecules in synthetic blended oil, you have just as much of a chance for it to find places to leak out of as full synthetic. /wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif Sorry It's a friday and my brain shut down for the weekend about 6 hours ago.../wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif

Tim "Sandman"

ORC Land Use columnist:
My May Column

· Registered
5,526 Posts
If Slick 50 is one that contains teflon, throw it away, pretend it contains strains of the plague, the ebola virus and mad cow disease in the bottle... /wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif Teflon in the engine oil will collect and fill the filter up (clog) and clog oil passages over time... If you buy your engine with teflon coated parts that's one thing but teflon will not bond to engine parts like the bottles claim... DuPont, the originator of teflon even says that it does not belong in a lubricant like that.

Tim "Sandman"

ORC Land Use columnist:
My May Column

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.