Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Value of a \'58 Jeep Willys

Just ran across a '58 Jeep Willy's Pickup truck. It has been sitting next to a gas station for 4-5 months. Guy says a friend of his had it in his barn and now just wants to get rid of it. It has the original (I think) flat head six cylinder, is 4wd and suppossedly original 29K miles. It has the typical body rot in the rockers, etc. The shop owner says he had it running when he moved it to his station but it had not been run since. Any ideas as to what this thing might be worth? He is asking $1500. That is a little outside what I have to spend but I do like the looks of it. Thanks,

rich
77cj7304QtracTH400, 31" BFG AT's, TFI upgrade
79cj7frame,ready to be built
83cj7inpieces, parts Jeep
"They can take my guns, but they'll have to take them bullets first."

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Value of a \'58 Jeep Willys

Hey all, I appreciate the input. I wish I'd had my digital cam w/me but it was up in northern CT near my inlaws place and I was heading back home that afternoon. Anyway, Larry hit the nail on the head w/the divorce lawyer comment. I mentioned it to my wife and by her look you could already add about $50K for lawyers plus all the alimony/child support and the total cost of that Willy's would be up in the 100's of thousands. And that's before I'd even get it to run. Anyway, I passed on it for now, but will be checking on it when I get up that way again. It had been sitting there since at least the spring and did not even have a sign on it. I just went in and asked about it out of curiosity. If I do get up there again soon I will try and take some pics. Maybe I can butter my wife up a bit before we make the next trip. But she is pretty adamant, NO MORE PROJECTS! until I get my current Jeep (CJ-7) put pack together. Thanks again,
rich

rich
77cj7304QtracTH400, 31" BFG AT's, TFI upgrade
79cj7frame,ready to be built
83cj7inpieces, parts Jeep
"They can take my guns, but they'll have to take them bullets first."

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.