Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone point me in the right direction?

I'm trying to work out how to wire up my brake/indicator lights to work like
US vehicles do, where you have one lens doing the job of brake, tail and
indicator light.
Here in NZ we have one lens for each light.

I'm trying to reduce the number of lens I have in my new rear bumper.(less
to brake)

Thanx
KiwiZuk

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The only way to do this is to install a pair or three-wire tail lights. These use dual-filament bulbs. The three wires are white (ground, or earth), black (running light), and red (brake). E-mail me if you have further questions.

Hewgag
[email protected]

Right Wrongs Nobody

·
Registered
267 Posts
Well, after a trip to Greece I saw the Euro Jeeps with the red and amber tallights and loved them. Insted of rewiring the whole jazz, which I did look into, I just swithed the lenses. The whole US to Euro taillight conversion was $400 at the dealers over there so I just got the lenses. Now when I brake or turn both the amber and red light up. looks really cool. so the easyiest way is to just switch lenses and leave the bulbs alone.
Tas
SoCal '89 YJ
4.2l I6 5speed flowmaster euro-taillights

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif There is a little converter that is normally used for pulling trailers which only have a single lamp for tail, indicator, and stop. You could use that converter and just act as though the bumper is a trailer with only two lamps. They are widely available./wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif In fact, I could really use a vacation. What say you send a couple of tickets, then Jeepchick and I can pick up the supplies locally and bring them down there and help you install them. Just because we own Jeeps does not mean we cannot work on a Suzukyou or even an Isuyou if need be./wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif And if it's that time of year, we could even shear a few sheep. I know how to dock 'em and have seen how they bite-em-off, so we are all set. /wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif

CJDave
I never believe any statistics unless my moonguys /wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif made 'em up themselves.

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Hey, put me on that plane to NZ too - we can catch some of the America's cup races down there! We're gonna get the cup back! (I hope)

/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif Pete

88YJ, 4"susp, 33"BFGMT, 9k#winch, rear homemade swingout, reb.258, 999, 4.10, weber32/36, GMHEI.

·
Registered
4,060 Posts
If we really want to get the cup back this time they need to let Randy Smyth skipper the boat. He was winning prestigous regattas since he was 12! He also was the man actually sailing the "Water World" boat- from inside! Kevin just stood on deck with that doohicky and spun and cranked it.

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
I was really hoping that the syndicate from Maine was going to be successful down there. They were racing for to bring the Cup back to Newport Rhode Island - dam, if they were back racing out of Newport I could go down there after work!!!

Unfortunately, that team did crappy and are already out of it. /wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif

Pete

88YJ, 4"susp, 33"BFGMT, 9k#winch, rear homemade swingout, reb.258, 999, 4.10, weber32/36, GMHEI.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.