Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, here's the deal. I have the power steering box, pitman arm, hoses, and two power steering pumps. One of the pumps is off of a 258, and has two steel brackets attached to it, one to the front and one to the rear. The other is off of a 304 v-8, and has one approximately 10" long aluminum bracket that is resting on a small stud on the front of the pump (behind the pulley). There are several holes in the bracket, and there are two studs sticking out the back of the pump. I am ready to swap in the power steering setup, but I must be missing some parts, right? How does the power steering pump mount? If anyone could send me a good picture of how a stock power steering pump mounts to a 304 v-8 (same as a 345 or a 401) I would greatly appreciate it. Probably even better would be a detailed description of what bolt/stud attaches to what point on the engine. Can't wait to find another form of forearm exercise once I get that manual box swapped out.
Dean

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Dean,
You are missing the back half of the aluminum bracket. It bolts to the head. There is also a steel piece that goes between the pump and bracket that is used to adjust the belt. You may also need a new steering shaft coupler because the power gear has a different spline than the manual gear. Parts Mike probably has these parts.
Roger

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.