Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm inching my way closer and closer to the day I start tearing up my YJ for the axle swap/SOA. This is obviosly is going to include a SYE and CV driveshaft. Since I'm gonna be yanking the np231 to slap in the new SYE, are there any upgrades I could/should do to it? I've heard you can upgrade the chain to the 241. Is this true? Anything else I could/should beef up while it's open? I'm thinking of trying to find some extra $$$ to get the Teraflex 2wdlow kit, so I don't have to rip her open another time.

/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gifEat, Sleep, JEEP/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif
"James and the Giant Jeep"
1993 Wrangler 4.0/5spd, Herculined Interior, D44 w/Detroits and 4.56 soon to go in SOA

·
Registered
3,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info, but I'm looking to stay with my 231.

/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gifEat, Sleep, JEEP/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif
1993 Wrangler 4.0/5spd, Herculined Interior, D44 w/Detroits and 4.56 soon to go in SOA

·
Registered
3,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Do you use the chain from a 241 to do it? Where would I get the chain? Is it really worth it?

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Your t-case now is called a 231J, meaning Jeep. The one you want is the 231 dhd, meaning Dodge heavy duty. All of the parts will interchange. Not only is the chain bigger, but there are more planetaries in the reduction unit.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts