Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
Joined
·
2,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Did some work on the floor. My '88 was more solid than this '94:













It should hold for a while now. Taking out the upholstery and inner fenders almost took a day. The plates to hold the fenders had to be repaired as of course all threads broke instead of got unscrewed. I was lucky to get the seatbelt bolts loose easily. The remains of the alarmsystem are taken out, so there's order in the spagetti and in the loom at the bottom the power line for the windows is soldered and had rotten away. For the first time the passengers can open their windows themselves, now, as only the drivers controls did function.

Some work on the side:







Next year the rear needs to be repaired. The rear seatbelt bolts are really stuck, so there's a challenge for the torch.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
4,117 Posts
Hey, cool beans Nik. I did that to the 90 a year or so ago, my floors on the drivers side were WAYYY worse than that, I could LITERALLY crawl into the jeep from underneath the drivers side after I cut away all the rusted metal. What did you use for replacement steel? I used 1/8 inch thick sheet metal because that's all I had available at the time. Could probably survive an I.E.D. now :) Glad to see your still jeeping. Catch ya later.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
2,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Kraby, good to see you're still around, too! Had to fix it for the annual safety test. I used 1.5mm sheetmetal. Heavy to cut with a pair of hand cutters. It's way thicker than it ever was, though not IED-proof.

Also had to replace the metal rear brake cilinders (had to hammer the little bolts loose with a chisel), shoes, metal brakelines and a handfull of springs. Hope it stays in one piece for a while, now.
 
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top