Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up a CJ7 fiberglass tub today from 4WD hardware. I was wondering what anyone does with the underside. Leave it be,
undercoating, duraback, paint, or what? Any other tips are appreciated, putting it on my 85.

'78 CJ7 304, rust, inspected!/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am also in the process of doing a 4WDHardware tub on my 80 CJ-5. Myself, I am painting everything one color, like original. I think they look cleaner that way. I plan on getting a one piece floormat for the front and will probably cut a piece of plywood for the floor in the rear to keep the floors from getting scraped up and showing white 'glass underneath. Take your time and have fun!

Grant
60 CJ5
80 CJ5

·
Registered
650 Posts
When I did my 4WDH body a couple of years ago, I used several cans of ruberized undercoating from the local parts store. It was the first thing I did after uncreating the tub. I stood it up on its side, and gave it several coats. I was concerned with gravel/stones flying up and chipping or cracking the 'glass, and felt the undercoating would help in that instance. PLus i hated the way the unfinished fiberglass looked, especially in the wheel wells.

Bob

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.