Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
oh man I hope they are wrong! thats the ugliest thing I've seen in a long time.

·
Registered
6,394 Posts
/wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif The stupidest thing that Jeep could possibly do is get rid of the "true" front axle. That, and build something that looks like it just fell off the boat from Japan. YUK! BARF! RETCH!/wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif

CJDave

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think I actually saw one of these floating here from Japan, on the back of a Vehicross!

Tell me it's just a bad dream...

Jon-YJ94
I6, 3.5" Black Diamond, MORE, & more
[email protected]

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
folks, its a hoax. Thats not even a real vehicle, look at it closely. Yeesh

MudFlap 87 YJ POS!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think its a mock up based on the Dakar... There are some pretty detailed specs though...

PLEASE let it be a hoax!

Everybody together now: where ooo where has my boxy jeep gone... where ooo where...

Ok.. time to work...

Jon-YJ94
I6, 3.5" Black Diamond, MORE, & more
[email protected]

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's a computerized drawing of what it is rumored to look like. YUCK That would be the worste thing Chrysler could do. I figured some of the Wrangler styling would make its way to the Cherokee, but that is just wrong.

Nick Hagen
1995 Wrangler
33" Mud Tires and a four banger

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
/wwwthreads_images/icons/shocked.gif Ya but just the shock that they would even think of building that thing. /wwwthreads_images/icons/shocked.gif

/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif long live the live axle /wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif

·
Registered
3,478 Posts
/wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif It looks a little like a Jeep concept vehicle from the 1980s called the "JJ". That was supposed to be a smaller, lighter model.

Two things are clear:
1. It is going to have IFS. The ground clearance is lower than a XJ. /wwwthreads_images/icons/shocked.gif
2. It has to be a body on frame instead of unibodied. Why else would it weigh 4000lbs?

Maybe DC plans to keep the XJ and call the KJ something else or vice versa. (Here's Hoping!)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I can kind of understand Chrysler going to IFS even though I personally think it is sacrilige in a Jeep. From that pic it looks like a TJ grill, fenders and hood which would deffinatly indicate a frame instead of a unibody, but why are the changing the first unibody SUV to a frame & body? Heck the XJ has been just fine since 84 why not just tweak it for 2000 instead of a total redesign...Another bad thing to note, if the front of the new cherokee and the TJ are the same does that mean IFS is coming soon a a TJ near us?
-MarkyMark

80 CJ-7 Laredo 304v8 TF999 3.73's BFG M/T's

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I think he should call his informant B.S.J rather than DJ /wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif. The cherokee they have now is a big seller, I can't believe they would mess with it that extremely./wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif

'78 CJ7 304, rust, inspected!/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif

·
Registered
3,478 Posts
They have been delaying the end of XJ production since 1992 when the ZJ Grand Cherokee came out because of very strong sales and the fact that the tooling has been paid off for many years now. So the XJ has been very profitable for DC.

I guess even the most successful models have to be retired sometime but it is very sad to see the XJ go. On the bright side, the XJ will join the ranks of retired Jeep models. That seems to be pretty good company!!/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif /wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I like the part where he says Jeep took several of those POS over the Rubicon last summer. There are a few ways that it could have happened, but I really don't htink it did.

1. Fly them over in a helicopter.
2. Drag them through with a Unimog.
3. Go on the Jamboree weekend. If you've been there, you know what I mean. Roadbuilding up to and almost including the grader, compactor, water trucks and paving machine.

Mark

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.