Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
It is time to replace my U-joints in the R/C. Who makes a U-joint with the grease fitting in the cap? The joints in there now are Dana P161; does that mean anything to anybody?
Thanks
Joe

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Actually every manufacture I came across that put the grease fittings in the caps where cheap manufactures. I use my front axle joints to the max and I usually use Brute Force. Brute force make a non-greasable joint and a greasable joint. I use the no greasable joint because seriously how are you goint to get in there and regrease the joints again unless you have a joint with a grease fitting on the cap, the you'll have to spin the joint and then turn the wheel to get in there and to top it off when you install them joint you have to screw in the grease fitting, squirt some grease and then remove the grease fitting and install a plug in the cap or the grease fitting will hit the ball joint when it spins. Get a Brute Force joint from Auto Zone (non-greasable) fut two squirts of grease in each cap and then install the joint.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
in my 89 rc i have used both aec and now i am using spicer/dana u joints. for some reason my truck would go through aec joints in a couple weeks. i put in a set of spicer/dana joints in and they are doing great. both brands have grease fittings on the caps. i prefer joints with grease fitings because if you go through water alot or the truck is driven alot the grease will eventually wear out. i have never had a problem with the grease fittings hitting anything. hope this helps

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mudologist,

Some of the joints come with low profile grease fittings now, for the axleshafts. You need to get a pointy needle fitting for the grease gun to grease those fittings, not like the ball and socket style.

Mike

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I believe te Spicer/Dana Ujoints are the best. They are TOUGH.

Those japanese brute force pieces of [censored] are no comparison

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.