Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just talked to a local tranny guy & he said that he'd supply & install a TH400 rebuilt with B&M shift kit for $450!!!

Question 1

What model years did the TH400 come bolted to an NP208 t-case (1980-??)? I need an adapter plate to mate the two & need to know what year to ask for?

Question 2:

Where do I get a vacuum lead for the modulator on the TH400 on my '89 TBI 350? The tranny guy I was just talking to said that the 400 hooks up with a vacuum modulator & an electric switch. Where/How do these tie in to my engine??

Thanks
Brian
89KBlazer

·
Registered
103 Posts
I can't help you on you're vacuum line question, but for what it's worth I think GM only ran the 208 t-case from '81 through '88 and the 400 tranny ran from '77 through '90. As far as finding an adapter to bolt it up to you're tranny, you should be able to track a factory adapter down fairly easy. I think with the 400 tranny, The only info. you need is what t-case you want to bolt it on to.

Hope I was some kind of help, and good luck.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Vacuum lead goes to a ported vacuum source, the electric kickdown switch is mounted above the accelerator pedal below the dash. The TH400 was used until '91 when the 4L80E was introduced. From '88 to '91 it had a NP241 T-Case bolted to it which is nearly identical to the NP208 adapter wise. If the TH400 is for a 4x4 it should already have the adapter on it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys; just what I needed to know /wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif

Brian
89KBlazer

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.