Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would like to remove turn signal lever and cam from column/steering wheel and make my turn signals work via 3 position toggle switch mounted in my custom "50 Cal Ammo Can" center console. Would anybody have a wiring schematic or steps to do this handy? Would appreciate the help.

My other vehicle is an Aircraft Carrier.
[email protected]
[email protected]

·
Registered
11,504 Posts
I have a '78 factory manual with a wiring diagram. I doubt there's any change in the flasher wiring, except maybe for the addition of 4-way flashers. I will scan it and send it if you want. However . . . the original hard to follow as is. Making anything out of it after a scan will be tough.

Actually, I think I'd remove the switch and associated wiring, disassemble the switch and reverse engineer its function. Another possibility would be to find a book on building kit cars. It should have a diagram for a simple flasher circuit, with switch wiring. Then you only have to identify which wire goes to what from your switch and splice into them.

If nothing better pops up, e-mail me at [email protected] and I'll do the scan.

I might have been born at night, but it wasn't LAST night.

·
Registered
13,432 Posts
Consider another way of doing things...

Why not splice into the steering column turn signal harness wiring?

Then you could leave the column electricts in place and still have the functionality of the levers and flasher button on the column. This would be much easier than removal of the old circurity within the column.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts