Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 79 CJ5 with 304 with fenderwell headers, I want to get rid of the glass packs and put turbo mufflers on, doe anyone know the part number or brand that will work. thanks Mike

Michael T. Carr

G

·
A week or two ago I was asking about exhaust for my 360 and someone pointed me towards the Summit turbo mufflers. Can't find my summit catalog but they have a web site. I think its summitracing.com or summit.com.

G

·
Pretty much any brand will work. With the mufflers right under the driver's seat, you'll be crushing one every so often, so don't go whole hog and drop a bundle on them. On my jeep, I bought a collar that fits inside the end of the header, bought a reducer to go down to a generic turbo muffler, and then welded the two reducers together. I have my muffler clamped on, and there is a flat 1/4" steel bracket under the muffler protecting/supporting it. On the back end, you can either route it out the back (and lose some benefit from fenderwell headers) or you can just make a short muffler pipe with a 90 degree bend and route it out the side in front of the rear tire. Just hit the local muffler shop or NAPA and check out a catalog. Finding a muffler that will fit dimensionally will be easy...try to find one that is as thin as possible so it will be tucked up higher.

Trying to come up with a witty line to end all of my posts...

G

·
I used a set of mufflers from dynomax. They are a little more expensive than the turbo style mufflers but they are 6" round instead of the flat oval mufflers that look like hell/ I went trough 5 sets of myfflers befor I found these and none of the t=others fit worth a dam without seeing the whole big muffler.

Al
My web page

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.