Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've read all the posts regarding pipes, and decided on an slp single for my '00 rmk 700 w/144" track. V-force reeds are on back order, but will follow the pipe. Other than a boost bottle, (I'm told that would clean up the bottom end), reeds and the pipe it'll be stock. Where do I start with jetting? I've got 56g weights. I run 6-9000'. Anyone have experience with this set up?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The pipe comes with a good spec sheet. If you want to really make the pipe work though, Install heelclicker weights. You will be able to run real heavy on the bottom end and generate some serious heat in the pipe right from the get go. And that is what the SLP single pipe needs - lots of heat!

If you have the inclination to go high end weights, let me know. My '99 RMK700 is dialed in to a tee and it screams. I am happy to share my setup info with the serious tuner.

Mark
PowderBound

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Watched what a good set of Heelclickers will do this weekend. The '99 700 RMK we road with could do climbs I never saw a
snowmobile accomplish before, with ease. The hardest thing our friend had to tackle was keeping the skis within a foot of the ground
on the really gnarly hills. It's simply awe inspiring watching a sled climb a hill with only the last foot of the track in the snow.
RAW POWER...without any other mods except for a can and Hellclickers.

If you can't buy what you want, BUILD IT!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have a 2000 RMK 700, I run SLP single, V-Force reeds, Boost bottle, 62.5 weights, 50/32 short helix, 190/195 jets
I ride 6000-9000 ft. runs very good. but make sure the pipe is hot or it will surge at wot.
good luck Jack.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We found that removing 1/4" from the the inlet end of the pipe will do a lot for the surge at wot. But even better yet was the use of the Heel Clicker weights. The addition of the 10 grams on the heel generates enough heat in the pipe to do cold shots within 100 feet. Then when the pipe gets hot, it really runs good!

Mark
PowderBound

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Where can I get heel clicker weights, how do I know what to buy. How do they perform in the trees. Do I need to change
anything else to run those weights.
Thanks Jack
P.S. I'm really happy with the way my clutch performs,what will it change in clutch performance.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You can get the weights and info at http://www.supertorquer.com
There is a small modification to make to your primary clutch. You have to drill three holes to make room for the heel on the weight. And just use your stock helix. You will need to do some fine tune adjusting to get the best performance out of your sled, but it really is easy to do. I thought I was happy with the performance of my clutching prior to installing the weight too. It was like night and day for me though the first time I went out with them.
Visit the web page and read Randy's tech article. That will help you understand what these new weights are all about.

Mark
PowderBound

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
How do they perform compared to the lightning weight kits from Tricity polaris in the 700rmk, what gram wts are you running in the heel clickers? I am running 65gr in the lightnings

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I run 62 grams with an additional 11 grams combined on the heel. I used to run lightning weights and like the heel clickers better. The bottom end is unbelievable.

Mark
PowderBound

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the input. I put the pipe in and it makes the sled run strong where I want it to. For now I'm running Polaris 62 weights and it's running at 78-8000rpm in set up/wet powder snow. The plugs look good with the slp recommended jetting, and I'll go to the dark blue spring (also recommended)to see what that does for the engagement. I have not yet put in the boost bottle but will this week. The heelclickers will go in next year for sure. It sound like they are just what I'm looking for. The snow here in the Bitterroots is already looking like mid April snow, so I'm not going to spend a bunch of time and money getting it perfect for anything other than big powder riding conditions. Hate to beg, but please let us get another 3 feet or so!!!!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have 98RMK 700 it has a 141x2 track, SLP single pipe, Boysen reeds, Cat roller secondary 52-44 helix yellow spring #3hole,10-58 wts dark blue spring, skock gearing(21-41),MJ158,Pilot40 stock needles at 3.It is spinning the track at 38-42mph with the RPM at 7500-7800.The piston wash is about 1/2" and the EGT tops out at 1200f when riding above 6000ft with temp at -5c- 5c.
I am told that I should be using 62gram wts and have 162mjs I doubt it will pull 62g wts and it is still to rich with 158mjs. I have had other rider tell me it is working very good,has any one out there got any coments on these numbers.Also I have lightened the sled up by 35lbs.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Here's what I think, but I may be wrong. I think you should run cat or comet weights if you are going to run a cat secondary. You need to run that pipe at 7900 /- 100 RPM. The Cat secondary is more efficient, and should require less weight in the drive clutch. You can try dropping your drive weight by 2 grams first and see if that helps. I was pulling over 40 mph track speed with my stock RMK with slp single and 141".

Corey

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I've been toying with putting the single on my '00 700rmk also. A friend put doubles on his 99 recently and spent a wonderful powder day this weekend near Jackson tuning to no end. Sounds like the single gives a good smooth power band without some of the headaches. Is the reed needed, or like the boost bottle, used to squeeze out a little more performance?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I have found that the boost bottle was not necessary with either pipe(s). The reeds do make the bottom end better, but I have been running my stock reeds lately. I have a set of V-Force 2 reeds for sale, hardly used, yours for $175. The needle of choice for me is the 1371J. Works very good on twins....

Corey

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Here is what my 10 year old daughter says - "I run my sled stock so I can stay on the trail!" And "I don't want to go straight up that hill anyway, I prefer to take the scenic route." Reality is that she can go places on her stock 500 that I can't go on my modified 700! I only modify and tune my sled because I am fat and need all the power I can get!

Mark
PowderBound

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I'm done tuning on the rmk for this season. I put in the slp single and a boost bottle to get rid of some low rpm gurgling. Dark blue polaris primary, 58g weights, jetted it to slp's specs, and it runs just how I want it to(for now). A guy at slp told me that the vforce reeds are no longer being shipped until they fix the problems. He said the lamination is not right and also has seen problems with the screws coming out. He's seen or heard of more than 200 engines that fried because of the reeds failing. Guess I'll wait until they get it 100% before I try them. Thanks for everybody's help.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
just a thought, if the slp pipe likes the heat why don't people who own them get them coated or wrap them with hedder wrap. this would keep them more consistant and widen the power band buy 200-300 rpm. not to mension the coating looks cool. i my self would probably use the hedder wrap because you can control where you want it and how much you want on there to keep the pipe hot,plus you can take it off if no impovement is seen.another benifet is under hood temp will decrease.one roll is about $40 and i think its about 40 to 50 feet of it,heck split the cost with a friend and do 2 pipes. you should be able to get it at JEGS or SUMMIT.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.