Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
what exactly are you looking for? do you want part numbers, or just what we would do during a tune up?

Craig

'89 S-10 P/U 4.3L 31" Yoko M/Ts
'99 S-10 2.2L 2WD 5 Speed Stepside Totally Stock /wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif

·
Registered
534 Posts
sorry, about not replying to your private message, don't check it often. but you are looking for the BTDC degrees, and you are looking for what you need to do to set your timing? am i correct in this? better to just reply to the post so others can help too. i know that to change the timing, there is a wire on the passenger side under the dash that needs to be unpluged to stop the automatic advance thingy, then just turn your distributor accordingly. it might be best to get a haynes manual, they have all the proper specs....

Craig

'89 S-10 P/U 4.3L 31" Yoko M/Ts
'99 S-10 2.2L 2WD 5 Speed Stepside Totally Stock /wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif

·
Registered
6,517 Posts
Actually the Haynes manual doesnt' give crap for specs at least timing, etc... The copy I have tells you to check the stupid little sticker under the hood for that info... /wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif The Helm manual will tell all specs, but they are about $100 and you have to find one for your particular year... On the other hand, that's the official GM dealership work manual... /wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif

Tim "Sandman"

ORC Land Use columnist:
My May Column

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
reading in the haynes manual, it says to disconnect the wire under the dash in the passenger side footwell. from experience, its a wire thats all by itself with a black plug inline. disconnect the wire, start the engine, set the timing to what it says on your rad support, shut off the engine and reconnect the wire. piece of cake.

Brute strength and stupidity will get you anywhere
1996 S-Blazer 4DR 5" TM Lift 31" BFG AT's
1980 Toyota PU 7" lift 350ci Sm Blk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts