Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone installed a tuffy rear lockbox? The type that goes behind the rear seat in a wrangler?

I just received mine and hopefully I can install it when the temp outside goes up a bit. Just wondering how I gain access to the area between the wheel well and the back tail light?

-Brian
93 YJ, 4.0L, Tuffy'ized interior

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I was able to get the first one by pealing back the plastic mud cover that is between your rear lower corner pannel and the wheel well. I'm dying to hear how to get the second one though.

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
It's been a few years since I put mine in my YJ, but yes, you need to take off the plastic things, and you should be able to get under there for the bolts. If I recall, there are 2 on each side of the box. You'll love that box. Holds a lot of stuff, and keeps the jeep looking neat. You may want to try some things to waterproof it, though, as I Don't think mine is all that watertight.

Good luck
Pete

88YJ,4"susp,33"BFGMTs,9000#winch, hm swing out TC/HL mount ,258,999,4.10,weber32/36,GMHEI.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.