Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone,

Is anyone running a tuff country ez ride lift? I am looking into lifts and their setup seems pretty good-teflon inserts, etc. I am not going
to be loading my jeep down so I don't want anything really stiff (ie procomp).
Has anyone looked at the "fitment guide" at the Natl wheel and tire site? I am wondering if there is any accuracy to this guide.
They say that a stock CJ should be able to fit 32's while a stock wrangler will fit 30's. I am pretty sure my CJ won't fit 32's right now (stock).

thanks and keep on Jeepin'
CJay
'84 CJ-7 sort of..87 YJ body replacement under way

G

·
I'm running with Tuff Country's heavy-duty 2" lift (don't know how old it is). The ride is very rough. I called the company and was told that my lift is 15-20% stiffer than stock.
Can't tell you anything about their softer setup.

"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must undergo the fatigue of supporting it"

·
Registered
573 Posts
I also have the tuff country 2" heavy duty lift. I wanted firm because I tow a camper (must 4-wheel on vacation). I had 32s on before the lift and found the bump stops a few times wheeling. The tires tucked in the fenders (didn't rub) but since I put a full-width early Bronco 9" in back the lift keeps metal from meeting rubber.

·
Registered
7,409 Posts
Maybe your springs are totally DEAD
my 85 bone stock fit 31/10.50s easy w/tons of room.
33/12.50s fit w/ 1" front shackles and onlt a real mild rub on the rear at some odd angles. You should have plenty of room with the 2" lift for 32s.

85'CJ7 258 4" runnin33's

G

·
my freind runs the Tuff Countrys 3.5" lift it is very nice, the springs seem to be really soft, the ride improved greatly when he switched to the tuff country from a 2.5" Rancho system and flex is pretty impresive even though there shocks are a little short and my freinds kit did not have bumpstop extensions so the 33x12.50s got a little freindly with the fenders, this caused some noticable damage to the front fenders but the rear was easily fixed with a littl fender trimming that you can't even notice unless you were looking for it

Jeff
'83 Toyota long bed
"look Ma no doors!"

1 - 5 of 5 Posts