Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sometime back I saw an ad for tube fenders with a 3"flare for a YJ. They are already made and include the inner fender as well. Just take off the old one and bolt on the new one. Who makes them? Anybody know? I did a search here, but didn't turn up any posts on these particular ones.
Thanks.

·
Registered
786 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
I know poisen spyder sells them (or at least something like it). I've seen them on ebay from time to time.

[/ QUOTE ]

The version posion spyder sells don't have the inner fender. You have to cut your old fenders up and weld in the required areas. All that and they still cost $500 (with a 3" flare). No thanks to that. For not much more I could buy my own bender and do it myself, and still have the bender left over when done, so that's what I did. Bender just arrived yesterday and I figure fenders will be the first thing done.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yea, I don't want the poisen spyder ones.
Thanks, maybe someone will know.

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
As of about 6 months ago nobody I could find sold a bolt on package. That was why my shop bought a bender. I found one close but I didn't like there style. We had planned compleet bolt on replacement fenders with your choice of width flare.

BUT we are too busy and while the drawings are there, bender is there I recomend searching the diffrent brands. If I can remember who it was making the close to replacement fenders I will post back in.

If you decide to bend your own don't forget all the extras with a bender. I started off thinking I could get set up for 700.00 about 1800 later my set up dosen't even kink tube yet, but my expectations were high and it had to be hydraulic. Just be careful with the idea that it is almost as cheap to buy the tools and build it.

Regardless good luck.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
If I can remember who it was making the close to replacement fenders I will post back in.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it might have been these:

http://www.tntcustoms.com/webV4/TJTubeFenders.asp

They do make them for YJ's and CJ's....you just have to call and ask

·
Registered
10,815 Posts
I was going to make them as "Finish it yourself" kits - the bent tubes along with the sheet metal. You'd adjust them to your liking by cutting the tubes yourself, then weld them tegether and add the sheet metal. We were even talking about having a plastics guy make ABS inner fenders that you'd "cut to fit."

I put the idea up here as a sort of market survey to see how much interest there might be.
A few people wanted them, but everyone wanted something different - wider, shorter, wide flares, 1/2 flares, no flares, squared front, hooked front, rounded front, etc.
And - so many models - TJ, YJ, CJ etc.
Way too many variations to contend with.

The effort and costs, along with not near enough possible sales for each variation turned out to be more than it was worth for us.
I wanted to keep the price under $200 for a set, but it just wasn't worth it.

That's why those that do make them are pricey - it's a very thin market.

·
Registered
514 Posts
yeah, TNT Customs has them, I just ordered a pair but haven't got them yet. The one thing with a YJ (if you haven't done it) is that they require a change in the air intake. A good idea over the poor stock location anyway.

Good Luck

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
That is them Ed. There was something about then I did not like but I have no idea what it was. They look pretty good.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I think these are the ones. They just pretty much bolt up without having to chop up your existing fender. My jeep has a 350 in it so the air intake is not a factor.
Thanks for the link.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Saw these at a a show this weekend....Smittybilt
nice fit and finish.

Also saw these... Rev1
not as nice (cheaper too).

I think Outland sells similar units.

A buddy bought the Rev1 pieces and had em bolted on in no time.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts