Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a code 12 and a code 35 on my 91 XJ 4.0. Its dying all the time and fires right back up. my question is, what does No memory standby power lost mean? thats code 12. also could code 35 be making my jeep die? its No cooling fan relay, high speed fan or low speed fan control relays or
idle switch circuit: cooling fan relay circuit..
and finally what does the yes and no mean at the beginning of each trouble code.
Thankin ya
Mark

·
Registered
710 Posts
I'm not sure on the yes no thing but I beleive you should be looking else where for you problem Crank position sencer
or a fuel pump relay or fuel pump problem!when it dies get out and take the fuel lines off the fuel rail if there isn't at least a little preasure there then look into a fuel problem!Swap the fuel pump relay with one of the other relays of the same type in the engine bay fuze block!If it starts and runs fine with out dieing its the relay!if there is till no preasure it may be the fuel filter or a bad pump!
if it has preasure unplug and re plug the CPSensor several times if it changes you problem IE: runs longer or dosen't run at all replace it!

Just sum thoughts!

91 jeep cherokee 270000 kms deceased
93 jeep grand cherokee living 213000 kms

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I replaced the CPS already, fuel filter and pump too, I'll try the fuel relay but the way it cuts off, it has to be electrical, it doesnt cut out like no fuel.. Its like shutting off the key, its a very sharp kill, no bogging down or anything. My main concern is these trouble codes as they are brand new as of today!

·
Registered
710 Posts
Ok!
Coils break down!May be your next guess!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I could replace parts till the cows come home, thats what I have been doing, I'm wondering what these codes are trying to tell me tho. the stand by memory one is bugging me!

·
Registered
710 Posts
The memory one means the battery was disconected it now needs a curtain number of starts for that code to go away!
I beleive 60 or so starts should do it!
Copy and paste this to your browser!

http://www.allpar.com/fix/codes.html

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.