Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 95 f-350 with a superlift 4in suspension lift. i want to put on triple shock mounts on it. who is a good dealer to go through?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you really want triple shocks, I have a Superlift triple shock kit, new in the box, sitting in my garage that I'll sell cheap. (You pay the shipping.) Let me know if you're interested. It'll have to wait until next week, 'cause I'll be in Mexico at the Baja 500 starting tomorrow afternoon.

George.

·
Registered
6,842 Posts
what exactly is the advantage of having 3 shocks? I had duals but now I just have one and I can't tell a bit of difference. seems like it'd really firm up the ride to the point of harshness, but they sure would be perty :)

It's a multi-purpose passenger vehicle and it eats SUVs for breakfast...get it straight!

Muddybronco

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The biggest advantage from having multiple shocks is less fade due to heat build-up. This makes this set-up good for racing situations or long stretchs of washboard road. Obviously if the vehicle in question is going to spend the majority of it's time on the road this set-up would be bad. Even most people running 44s only need 2 to control these extra big tires. If this vehicle is running under 40 inch tires it should ride really rough unless the valving of each shock is specially ordered to work in a multiple set-up. I think you can get the right shocks by contacting the tech deptartment of any of the shock vendors. Personally I like the look of dual resivoir shocks better. By the way if someone just wants the "triple look", but not the triple ride, you can do what the show truck guys do. Drill a small whole into the body of 2 of the shocks to puncture it and let out the fluid-this leaves only one functional and 2 for looks. Probably not a good idea to poke holes in the nitro gas shocks though-watchout man!!! Laters.

NUFF SAID

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mudmonger's absolutely correct. In fact, in the early '80s you could get over the counter shocks valved lightly for mulitple set ups. Now days, the over the counter multiple set ups are all so stiff that I personally wonder if it makes sense. My truck is set up with dual Bilstien 7100 resivoirs which were custom valved to work together on an F250 with a powerstroke. They work great and didn't fade at all during the miles of Mexican roads I put them through last weekend.

My Bronco has the stock dual setup and I found NOS Bill Stroppe ford shocks which were specially valved for this set up and also work great. I really don't know if I'd run duals with over the counter valving.

'course, I'm a desert guy and the requirements of the rock and mud guys could be completely different.

George.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.