Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently put 31' bfgs on my stock 1990 4x2. the tires are too wide and the outside edges rub on the fenders in a turn.the top of the tire is also too close to the fender. should I have the fenders trimmed? (if so, how much does that cost?) or should I have the truck lifted?(in this case what is the cheapest way to do that? please help me. thank you.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
try a 2-3 inch body lift, it is something that you can probably do yourself and doesn`t cost a lot of money to purchase.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well if it was me I would Trim the Fenders. This will cost you nothing if you do it yourself. A lift will cost you $$$ and require an installation. Altyhough if you went to a bodyshop they would probably charge you $100 to trim and maybe more. If you have those plastic fender skirts you could do it yourself and the skirts should cover any imperfections.

Throw it in reverse and grab second

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I'll tell you something, I have a 92" PU with 30" mudders, and what I did was go to a body shop that sells fenders and that sort of thing and I bought fenders for a 4X4 PU and all I had to do was get them painted and they fit my mudders perfect. E-Mail me if you want some info at [email protected]
Kevin

1 - 5 of 5 Posts