Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im having problems with the e40d and while going through my recipth from the previous owner i found that he dumped 2k into the tranny about 1 1/2 years ago. Im wondering if that was a waste of money. couldn't you pull a better tranny from a junk yard for around the same price. Im thinking that if i need tranny work i would rather swap it out for a bulletproof one (if that really exists) assuming that the price is close. What trannys would you guys reccomend and what would one from a junkyard cost? and how much would it take to get it to work.

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
C6 are good, but this would cuase you to need different drivehshafts becuase of the different length, and you will also need a new computer out of a truck that had a c6 in it, cause yours will be looking for the E40d.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I would stick with the e40d and a junkyard tranny will be between $600-$1000. If you run across any 4x4 e40ds let me know, I am looking for one for awhile but don't want to pay that much for one. Places like a lentech and level 10 can build you a super reliable tranny.

And check to see if you are still under warranty. They must have done a poor job for it only to last 1 1/2 years.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Before I spent another $2000 on a rebuilt e40d i'd look into a lentech aod.They make a truck model and you would still have the advantage of overdrive.The c6 would be alot cheaper,but you would have the pcm issue to deal with.Just be careful if you go that route,there may be other differences in the eec setup for different years.You may be better off with a late model aod pcm.

Billy

1 - 4 of 4 Posts