Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im installing a new tranny in my 92' 2wd Nissan PU and I was wondering if their are any hitches to taking it out or putting it in, I have the manual I just wanted to know if their are any tips or things I should know that you guys could tell me.

Kevin

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
don't know about 2 wheel drives, but on 4x4's you have to take the torsion bars out. and also remember how you do this project cause if you keep the truck for a while you will do it again. my buddy and i have gotten to the point we can drop it in 30 minutes without a lift. that comes from rebuilding it twice and replacing the clutch once. were thinking of trying out for one of the baja race teams..........lator

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
go down to your local hardware store and buy some bolts that are exactly the same diameter as your tranny to motor bolts, just get them about half to one inch longer. Cut the heads off and grind some nice rounded edges on the bolts. Thread them into the block and slide the tranny on overtop. Take them out one by one and replace withg the proper bolts and you will not only not drop the tranny on yourself (hurts, trust me) but you will alos not mess up the alignment of the clutch disc (you do have an alinment tool?). I have used this trick on 2wd and 4x4 and has saved me alot of headaches.

hope this helps

1 - 3 of 3 Posts