Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know of any links to pics of schematics for transfer cases? The 4WD shifter on my 83 CJ-7 6cyl came loose from the case. I need to know if I need to buy specific parts or if I can fab my own.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Be more specific, how did the lever come loose. The external shift mechanism is extemely simple on the Dana 300. It consists of the levers attaching to a pivot and hooking into a plate that connects the 2 shift rods.If it is a problem with one of the shift rods, that's a whole different story.

Brad (from the 4 Wheeling center of the universe, 4 corners USA)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's the way I got the Jeep. The lever is hanging loose; the lever has just one eye hole in it. I know more or less where it goes but do I need a threaded bolt or spacer, etc?

·
Registered
630 Posts
4 Wheel Drive Hardware's catalog has pretty good exploded views and pictures of trnsmissions and transfer cases. Maybe you can get the idea how it goes from there. They'll send you one for free....order via internet.

Loose nut behind the wheel
Another right-wing conservative.....
Born and raised in Jeep-Town

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Great schematics, but none for the actual shifter linkage.

Thanks anyway!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
There is no actual linkage. The hole in the shifter just goes to a pivot rod and is held on with a nut right above the shift rods. Couldn't find a drawing, can't draw worth a damn, I think the best thing to do would be to find a CJ with a D300 and take a peek at it. Like I said, it's a very simple setup.

Brad (from the 4 Wheeling center of the universe, 4 corners USA)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.