Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anybody know if ya can take the t/c off a 5speed 4wd kick tranny and mate it to a 2wd auto/od kick tranny?
BiLLy bOb

G

·
i thought the autos were married? i could be wrong though, i havent spent much time under a tracker/kick,

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
they are married goot, i am wondering if i can divorce the t/c from a 5speed 4wd tranny and put it onto a 2wd automatic/od. dont have em here to compare.annyone know???
BiLLy bOb

G

·
I have an auto 4wd , if you want i can take a pic of it ( don't know how it will come out and you can see how they are mated . See if the housings are different maybe .

Monty

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
BB, I did something similar with a long tail shaft C6 Ford auto 2wd, and a married xfer case. I had to make a 6" spacer to do it, but it worked. I have a lathe to builld such things though, and I doubt the zuk wheel base lends it self to that solution.

Do you have a good auto your trying to use? You might swap output shafts with a dead auto and get away with it. I cant say since I have access to neither, but it would be a likely bet.

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
was wonderin cause boyirish on here has a 2wd od slipo tranny. i have a 5speed 4wd tranny. hes up round MD and im in TN. hate to buy it and not be able to do anything with it. plus i know of a 3speed slipo 4wd tranny locally i can prolly pick up if the od deal dont look like it will work out. was mostly curious if anybody had tried the swap.

thanks for the offer on pics monty, but wont do me a lot of good since the 5speed is still bolted in the truck.
BiLLy bOb

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.