Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you guys know of any car related message boards that this could be posted on, please tell me! Ok, I have a 1972 Chevy Nova with a turbo 350 tranny. After the tranny gets warm (after driving for about 10-20 minutes or so), it will somewhat slip when driving. If im driving in 3rd gear, and put on some more gas, it wont speed up in 3rd, and wont fully sift down into 2nd to speed it, it seems to get stuck inbetween or something. The egine with rev up but the car wont accelerate. I changed the tranny fluid thinking this might solve to problem, but it still seems to do it. Am I going to have to change my tranny, or is there a solution to this?

Thanks!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
when my el camino started doing that I didn't have any time to mess with it so I let it go. about a week later I only had one working gear and some cool peices in the pan.

'99 Silverado '79 Blazer

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, I only got one working gear now, good thing it is 3rd! And reverse still works too. Im gona keep driving it till next weekend, when at that time I am going to do a tranny change.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.