Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13,432 Posts
Yep, he's been selling 'em for a year, or so on Ebay. I think he's the same guy who's also advertising on Parts-Mike's fourm. It's amazing isn't it!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Aaron has seen this already. There was a long post about this a year or so ago. Many of us bashed Glenn pretty hard about it and he did respond. TR didn't have any problem with it because Glenn does give him credit for coming up with it.

'75 CJ5 with goodies

·
Registered
281 Posts
man that makes me want to go do that now seeing all that stuff. I guess I should put on the stuff I already payed for first /wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif like my 1" lift and TJ flares.

How much better would you think the TR igniton would be with MSD6AL, 8.5mm MSD wires and kick ass plugs?
-Tas
'89 YJ Wrangler, 4.2L, AX-15, 31x10.5" BFG AT KOs, no lift, 40series Flowmaster, Euro-taillights...

http://members.tripod.com/GRK_Taz

·
Registered
3,932 Posts
The auction on Ebay says it'll work on YJ's too. Is this only the YJ's with the 4.2, or will it work on a 4.0? Cause I'd love to upgrade next time I do wires and plugs.

Now search friendly!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
James it only works on the 4.2 and V8's. The 4.0 has a totally different ignition system.

'75 CJ5 with goodies

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just put it on my 89' yj with a weber carb and stock 4.2. I've noticed more power over 2500 rpm. However, I haven't had it on long enough to check the mileage. Also I haven't checked the timing yet and I'm a little sluggish still at low rpm. Also, fyi I have split fire plugs. Ritch

donnerparty

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Can you buy these parts individualy over the counter and make your own system or is this guy on Ebay having something special made???????

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Not a response to the original post, but a question arose about the TR and MSD/good wires/good plugs...

I run the TR upgrade with the MSD 6 off-road, 8.5 mm wires, and bosch plat plugs adn threw in the nutter bypass for good measure, and I am thrilled with the performance. I did all this at once, so I cannot compare with/without the msd, but all I know is that my 83 CJ runs as good as my 99 XJ. I have driven the CJ from 6000 feet to 13,400 feet in about 2 hours, and it runs like a dream. I was also able to advance the timing WAAAYYY up (like 22 to 25 BTDC), partially due to the fact that I live at 10,000 feet ASL, but I think the msd pack has a lot to do with that as well. It rev's past 4000 now (don't know how much... 'fraid to try) whereas before the upgrade it would stutter at about 2800 rpm...

--pm

·
Registered
281 Posts
thanks junker, thats what I wanted to hear. Mine only like going over 3000 if it has a lot of momentum. Like taking off fast or winding all the way through 3rd gear. If I was just crusing at 2500 and suddenly wanted to go over 3000 it wouldn't do much. Does that make sense?

-Tas
'89 YJ Wrangler, 4.2L, AX-15, 31x10.5" BFG AT KOs, no lift, 40series Flowmaster, Euro-taillights...

http://members.tripod.com/GRK_Taz

1 - 11 of 11 Posts