Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
1,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Those that have done the TR upgrade to an AMC V-8 , what type of vehicle did you ask that the plug wires be from when buying them ? Just helped a buddy do a tune up to his F-350 and the distributor looks more centered than my Jeep and dont think that length would work .Just wanted to know what you guys are using ?

While I`m in the question asking mood , on the stock V8 exhaust manifolds ,I`ve taken off those disconnected(and butchered) air pump rings that used to connect to the air pump . Seems that no one makes a 9/16 X 3/4 inch bolt in NF . Who has plugged those before and what did you use ?
Thanks .

Jeff

CJ.... Need I Say More ?? /wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif

G

·
Jeff....
I think on the exhaust manifold where the lines hook up for the emissions, those fitting are pipe thread. I plugged some on some manifolds a while back and i remember using pipe plugs.(brass)
Mike

· Registered
1,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Mike . I kind of checked out a plumbing store but they didnt have any at 9/16 . I`ll have to check at Home Depot or something .

Jeff

CJ.... Need I Say More ?? /wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif

G

·
Jeff I think i used 1/8npt brass plugs which are similar to a 9/16 fine, let me know i'm intersted.Those tubes are a compression type so that should be pipe.(I think??)
Mike

· Official Historian
8,275 Posts
I got the fine thread bolts at napa. They were longer than I needed but I just cut them down and put them in with locktight. That was september 98 and they are still there.

Oh, yeah, I used ACCEL spiral core wires for the tfi upgrade for a ford 351.

79/CJ-7/AMC360/TH400/Q-TRAC/d30/d44/33's/RS9000s/Herculiner/Pro-jection 2D/MSD/4.10s/lockrights

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.