Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I guess I never realized that the Toyota board was so active. Almost twice as many posts as this one. How come I see so few Toyotas on the trail, or am I on the wrong trails?>

G

·
You are on the wrong trails. I have a 79 Toyota 4x4, 88 4runner, and 74 CJ5.
The Toys get wheeled a lot because they are more comfortable and easy to
drive compared with the average Jeep with the same level of off road capability.
Of course I do love my CJ5 because of its compact size and open air wheeling
is fun but not open air freeway driving in the rain. Gibby

G

·
A few reasons why the toyota board appears to be more active....

There are about a dozen jeep forums and numerous newsgroups out there on the internet. Jeepers simply have many more options. This isnt the case for toyota owners. Also, the old toyota bbs here at ORC doesnt exist the new one is what they use exclusively. The old SWB jeep board is still working and is currently more active then this one. Bottom line is we blow em away (here and on the trails)!

LarryM
85CJ7

·
Registered
3,425 Posts
Well actually, the old Toyota board is still up and pretty active (though pestered by kiddies at the moment), and if you are blind enough to think any one vehicle is better than another enjoy your "ignorance is bliss" world/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif

Scream Jeep, Jeep, Jeep all you want, or Toyota too for that matter - it all comes down to the D R I V E R.

So, being the great driver I am, and having a Toyota too, that puts me ahead of the curve/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif

Lots of love/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif

David
[email protected]
David's 4x4 Page

G

·
If someone making a pro-jeep comment on this bbs offends you maybe you are in the wrong place.

I imagine if I read "Chevy Z71's blow Jeeps away" .. I'd laugh to myself and think "What do I expect them to say...Im on a Chevy BBS". The last thing I'd feel compelled to do is comment on someone elses enthusiasm for their own vehicle..even if I didnt agree. Did they purposely try to offend me... who cares!

This is a jeep forum where we can celebrate owning a very unique vehicle and being part of a group... a culture if you will.

I made the comment not to offend anyone but to acknowledge something pretty dang cool. It was just my way of saying...Jeeps Rule! Excuse me for feeling passionate about them. Im just a proud Jeep owner who by the way, also happens to own a very comfy (and capable) 95 4Runner!

Regards,

LarryM
85CJ7

G

·
Larry, I am just sick of Jeepers bashing Toys. And vice-versa I use both and wheel with both.
What I had in mind when I wrote that was that with all the land closure issues and general
bad press for 'wheelers, we should all stick together better.
Gibby--firmly on the fence

G

·
In regards to pro-this or that:

I have no problem with anyone on a Jeep board being pro-Jeep. That's not only accepted, it's expected. Just be careful not to be anti-"something else" while you're being pro-Jeep. Since you were making a comparison between Jeeps & Toys, you were walking a fine line with your statement.

TEX

/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif Got Mud?!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts