Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay folks, we've been putting up with that endless thread of debate and flame over the Toyota axle/birfield/Dana 30/Dana 44/u joint/etc, but for the love of god, please!! Don't post anything else to that same thread. It has gotten so long, that it's preventing other peoples questions from being answered. With the way this board works, every time you post to it, it moves the entire thread up to the top and is so long that it knocks everything else out of view! I'm sure that there are several folks that are getting legitimate and useful info from that thread, but please, at least start a new one instead of continuously lengthening the current one. I have no problem with a little heated debate, but the size of the current thread is just getting out of hand. Thank you, and happy jeepin' (or wheelin' for you toy boys). C-ya!

-Spyder

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Spyder, you can set up your screen so that only the original post headline shows on the main. That's how mine's set & no I can't tell ya how I did it. Just turned out that way when I set up the profile. Not sure if you want expanded threads, or just the opposite. Anyhow, my front page has 30 separate threads & when I click on any of those, the RE's pop up in the order in which they were posted. So, in other words, when someone hits RE #75, it doesn't move all of my other threads 75 spaces down. Just one space down.

TEX

/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif Got Mud?
http://G.U.M.B.O. Mud Racing

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Check out the thread called "What Warn had to say about birfs. vs. D44 297 series joints." in this section.

That's the one where we all decided to behave like adults and actually managed to reach a conclusion.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Maybe you misunderstood me (not hard to do, I do it myself sometimes)... I'm not saying stop discussing it. Yeah, some of the comments were a little childish, but overall, you guys are adults (I think) and can work it out on your own. Besides, I've read most of it, and some good information is mixed in there too. What I'm saying is start a new thread and post to that so the other conversations don't get lost under the miles of replies (there are 73 already!!!). And as far as reseting the list so that it doesn't show all of the replies, all you have to do it click the box at the top of the screen labeled "Collapse", but that makes it much harder to know what questions are getting what kind of responses and who's responding, etc. I appreciate the suggestion, but think about what I'm suggesting. Instead of posting a reply to the original post, start a new one, and the other folks involved will reply to it instead. Thanks again. I gotta run now - gotta pack for camping at Loon Lake for the Rubicon Clean-up tomorrow. Anyone else wanna join in? Happy Jeepin'!

-Spyder

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Spyder- just select flat mode instead of thread order in the upper right of the screen and you'll only see the intial post ...... when you open it ....it shows all the replies ..... it lists the # of replies next to the title header and denotes "new" so you know when someone has posted more stuff......this saves alot of back button use going from post to post........
GeeAea

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.