Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would anyone know what has to be done to a Hummer H2 SUV to be towed behind a motorhome. I know I need a Tow Hitch. What do I have to do to the Hummer. I will be towing it on all four wheels no dolly or trailer.

Thanks
Darrell

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I'm not fer sure, but the t-case should have a Neutral mode, read the owners manual. As for towing it behind an RV; all of the vehicles I've seen, are setup for that. They've been to a shop somewhere and had the hitch installed on the front, then had some electrical work done. When the RV applies it's brakes the towed vehicles brake lights need to come on as well. I think the fancier setups even apply the vehicles brakes, not sure if it's a hydraulic, an electric, or a pneumatic mechanism. There may be some work done to the steering system too, dunno. I looked at a setup on a K2500 Yukon XL but I don't remember the specifics.

· Registered
19 Posts
As others mentioned, the answer should be right in your owner's manual.

The quick answer: you can flat tow an H2 as long as you have the t-case shifted into neutral. I do not believe there are any special requirements for periodic recirculation of transmission fluid while flat-towing for the H2. Keep in mind the "toad" weight of an H2 is 6400lbs bone-dry, so you will need a motorhome that is up to the task.

Manufacturer documentation on flat-towing can vary from year-to-year, so check your owner's manual for the specific year/model of H2 you have; some 4x4's (including the H1) the preferred method is with t-case in N and transmission in PARK (instead of neutral), but your manual will specify this.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.