Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
2,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK guys heres my latest find.1992 Dodge D250 with Cummins diesel,5spd,AC,CC,200,000 miles runs good 21 mpg,body fair $5250.00-What do you think? Do they get that kind of mileage? Are Dodge trucks reliable? let me know ,Thanks again,RR

THANK GOD FOR VETERANS AND SUZUKIS-BOTH KEEP YOU FREE. FOUNDER;INDIANA SUZUKI EMERGENCY RESPONSE TEAM

· Registered
500 Posts
The early model dodge diesels got that kind of mileage pretty easily. I would believe it and 200k isnt bad for a Cummins. My 97' has just over 300k on it and we have not cracked the motor open to date. Just plan on adjusting the valves about every 50k to keep the mileage up. That usually runs about 60.00 at a diesel shop down here. Personally I would be much more comfortable buying a Cummins with high mileage vs. Ford's diesel.
good luck

87 Samurai- 5.12's locked up,4340 front,hybrid rear,4.16's,P/S.,Toy. carb.,DT header, 33's, 2" exhaust and Durabak inside and out.
92 Samurai- Its next!!!

Zookin- a family affair

· Registered
2,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the info guys.My sami has jack knifed my 96 S-10 for the last time.I need to build a flat bed for the dodge if it will carry my sami.I will need to check its weight carrying capabilities and hope it can carry the sami.I would like to get away from the trailor.RR

THANK GOD FOR VETERANS AND SUZUKIS-BOTH KEEP YOU FREE. FOUNDER;INDIANA SUZUKI EMERGENCY RESPONSE TEAM

· Registered
3,477 Posts
hey rick, thats a good deal for that rig, paid $4600 for mine, 185,000 miles, sloshbox in it. run it for a while, get it up to full operating temp n make sure the oil light dont do funky things, make sure it starts easily when at full temp. was in GA friday eve gettin pushwater in the dodge, a ford PS was next to me, had to be a almost new truck, it sat there n cranked n cranked before it fired up. as far as doin a flat bed to haul the zuk, well, the truck will do it, but thats getting awful tall for a single wheel truck, might look at a dropped axle trailer to tow it. just a thought. i would definately be serious on it though, youll love it.
BiLLy bOb

Do unto others as you want done to you!
If you pack it in, pack it out!

· Registered
500 Posts
I too would be leary of haulin a Zuk on a 3/4 ton single wheel truck. Especially a lifted zuk, would throw your center of gravity way off. Body roll in turns would be real bad with the zuk on. We haul 2000-3000lbs in our Company 3/4 tons pretty often, but the loads are not above the truck bed. Even with those loads a curve can bring the pucker factor up if not careful, a tall load would be pretty hairy. Another thing to consider is I am guess the bed would have to about 10-10.6 foot long to fit a zuk. The weight that you put behind the axle of the truck will actually have the effect of doubling its weight in down force. The further you go behind the trucks axle the more down force that will be applied by the Zuks weight. Kind of like a childs "teeter totter" if you will, for an example. I dont think the truck would make a good canidate for haulin a zuk on the bed because of its wheel base, you would have to much of the zuks weight going past the rear axle of the truck. A long wheel base cab/chassis 1 ton would work out real good if you could find a good one.
Just my .02's

87 Samurai- 5.12's locked up,4340 front,hybrid rear,4.16's,P/S.,Toy. carb.,DT header, 33's, 2" exhaust and Durabak inside and out.
92 Samurai- Its next!!!

Zookin- a family affair

· Registered
2,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
OK,thats why i asked.The only other vehical that caught my eye was a diesel ambulance, auto with OD from fla.,with maintenance records.We will see who will deal,thanks again RR

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.