Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a good quality tow bar for transporting my CJ5, I plan on using a Ford F-150 to get as far as I can and then use the Jeep. The tow bar must be able to tow the Jeep several hundred miles and not interfere with the Jeeps off-road performance.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
There are many manufacturers of the ultimate tow-bar. It's 16 feet long, has twin axles rated at 3,500 lbs each or more, 4-wheel brakes, & 1,001 other uses. If you plan to go "several hundred miles", please consider this option.

TEX

/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif Got Mud?
G.U.M.B.O. Mud Racing

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You can fabricate one that attaches to the front bumper and is removable. One of my friends has one on his YJ for emergency towing and it works great. A few companies make them also. I can't think of any at the moment but if you'd like I can look them up and get back to you.

Nick Hagen
1995 Wrangler
33" Mud Tires and a four banger

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Where you at in Ca? I've got an extra towbar for a CJ. Since I also have an 18' flatbed they are theoretically both extra, but I do want to keep one. Let me know if you are interested. I live near Valencia/Castaic.

"My other car is a BULLDOZER"

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.