Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever seen touch-up paint for the raised white letters on tires, or for white sidewalls?
I have heard of this before but have yet to find the paint?

/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif Big Ed
'88 YJ, 4" susp,3" body,33's,283 Chevy V8,TH350,4.11's,D30,D35c

·
Registered
4,757 Posts
no need to do that.. hit them with extremely high pressure hose or lightly sand them... they'll look like new

~~Elusive~~
it's sort of still a cj thingy....

G

·
I use a product that you can find in any parts store. It's called Bleech-White and it kinds bleaches or whitens the RWL on your tires. Works great, they'll look brand new. Comes in several sizes and a pump bottle.

Carl, Tampa, FL, 74 CJ-5
If a Jeep can't take you there, Think twice about going..

·
Registered
251 Posts
JC Whitney has a product called Dura-Glo paint pen for tire lettering. P/N 14JA3636B. Lists for $1.99. I've never used it just saw it in the current catalog. www.jcwhitney.com or 800-537-2700

·
Registered
228 Posts
make a paste of powdered laundry soap and just a bit of water, then scrub with a good nylon brush. it's not expensive and does a better job than any commercial product I have tried. good clean whitewalls/lettering really dress up any vehicle

Brent & Sons
49-CJ3A, 51-CJ3A

G

·
I do the exact same thing as DAN, but i do the whole tire with it, and its a lot of work, but you could eat off the tire when you're done rinsing it!!!!

-Mike

1998 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab 4x4 Laramie SLT Sport Plus--5.9L 360, auto, 3.92s, antispin, BFG A/Ts.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Appreciate the comments guys. This is for off-road vehicle #2, the one I like to keep sharp when it isn't hunting season. It isn't for joy riding on the trails like my jeep!

/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif Big Ed
'88 YJ, 4" susp,3" body,33's,283 Chevy V8,TH350,4.11's,D30,D35c

·
Registered
545 Posts
We used to use PPG's tar and wax remover #330. Came in a gallon can and it would cut right down to the white really quick. One wipe and it would be clean. Had to be careful though because it does take a little of the white off too. Thats probably why it cleaned it so fast.

87 wrangler - 258

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.