Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is going to sound stupid but I keep cranked up my torsion bars and there seems to be very little height difference in the front. I've cranked them up quite a bit and the inside brackets are already pretty close to the end of their thread.
Does anyone know where to measure the truck to determine if both sides are equal other than eyeballing it?
Thanks!!
/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gifStraight outta Oregon, land of trees,ocean breeze, and a lotta mud!/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif

G

·
Not a bad question at all. My 95 bars sagged to the point that I lost 3/4 of an inch of rideH. Then, one required a lot more turns than the other to bring them back. I will invest in new bars this spring. BTW You can get an inch more travel up front by putting new bumpstops (energy), and another inch from taking off a swaybar link.

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thats probably what I'm going to have to do. I've seen some really low front ends on older hardbodys and think the "diving for the pavement" look is not too cool. Thanks

/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gifStraight outta Oregon, land of trees,ocean breeze, and a lotta mud!/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif

G

·
Ok If your front end is sagging and you adjust the torsion bars to stock heigh, Will you have a problem with Caster Camber Toe in, Toe out ect?? Or does that only happen when you crank them right up and try to Lift the truck???

Throw it in reverse and grab second

1 - 5 of 5 Posts