Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
4,738 Posts
Re: torsion bar \"cranking\"

as always, shoprts hit the nail on the head. I"ve done this to my Z and love it. makes me feel a bit more comfoprtable about having the 285s on it. and best of all it stiffened up the ride a little bit. i wasn;t a fan of the "caddy" like ride when i first bought it. not it rides like a truck is supposed to....well i think i remember it riding like a truck. it's been so long since I've driven it i might be forgetting.
I went up 1.25" on the passenger side and 1" on the droivers side. measured on level concrete to the wheel well. tirns out i was off a quarter of a n inch. not something noticable, but i corrected it juyst becasue i could./wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif
when do you you get old blue back?
good luck to you,
---Peacock

96 Z-71 EXTcab, richmond 3.73, detroit rear, cold air, dual flowmasters, new drive-train

· Registered
4,738 Posts
Re: torsion bar \"cranking\"

Scooby, Same thing done to my truck and i view it the same way. I"ve now got about 12,000 after the T-bar cranking and no adverse side affects. it now drives like a truck, and i can corner too. i see aboiut as much adverse side affect from this as i do from the 0-rate add-a-leafs. i don;t think its hurting a thing as far as alignment goes. i will have it realligned when i finally decide to get some new meats though...just so i can have them fro lots of miles
----Peacock

96 Z-71 EXTcab, richmond 3.73, detroit rear, cold air, dual flowmasters, new drive-train

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.