Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
4,199 Posts
Re: torsion bar \"cranking\"

everyones forgetting that caster and camber angles will have to be corrected after adjusting the torsion bars. when the trucks lifted by cranking the t-bars the tires tend to tilt in at the tops causeing the inside of the tred to wear. Caster is a non tire wearing ange, but it does affect how the truck will come to center when coming out of a turn. even raiseng the rear of the truck will affect caster to a small degree.

IF ITS GOT WHEELS OR A SKIRT YOU CANT AFFORD IT

· Registered
4,199 Posts

So alignments are needed after the adjustments are made.
the only way I wouldnt have done an alignment after a t-bar crank was if I got less than .25"s either up or down.

· Registered
4,199 Posts

I guess Im probably just paranoid cuase I got new tires, 700 dollar tires, so I want my front end to be in alingment.

And since I was the one doing my alingnments I could see the affects of haveing the t-bars cranked. I also have had to replace to many parts because the origanal owner of my truck had the bars cranked way to much, just after I bought it the CV joints on both half shafts decided to explode, due to outrages cv angles, since i didnt have the money to replace them I pulled the shafts out but left the stub that goes through the spindle there to keep everything to getther till I scrounged up some money, I also had to replace everything from tie rods to pitman, idler arms.

so now ive got the new tires and my trucks been on the alingment rack a few times, one to do the alingment and few times to check and see that it was still were I set it, could have settled and been just a hair off.

if my tires werent new id probably wouldnt be so picky but they dont have 300 miles yet so I am.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.